Authors may supply images for inclusion in their book’s interior or cover design. Please consider the following when providing images.
Ideally, images should have a resolution of 300 pixels per inch.
Images with lower resolutions may appear grainy when printed and may trigger warnings from IngramSpark and/or Amazon KDP. Images less than 72 pixels per inch may be rejected.
Check Image Resolution on a PC #
- Right click on the image file and select Properties.
- In the Details tab, you can see the image’s dimensions and resolution.
Check Image Resolution on a Mac #
- Double click on the image file to open the image in Preview.
- Under Tools in the toolbar, select Show Inspector.
- A dialogue box will open that displays the image’s information, including the resolution (as Image DPI).
Please ensure that you own or license each image you provide. That means you either:
- Took the photo yourself;
- Obtained written permission from the photographer;
- Paid to license the photo; or
- Are certain that the photo is in the public domain. (Images taken from the internet are not usually in the public domain.)
Learn about licensing for images we provide.